Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weird World

As I type this, I'm sitting on my parents' couch watching Cathy's sweet dog Sophie cure her insomnia. She was nicely snuggled up beside me, when a pesky bug started buzzing around the room. I'm a little amazed that she woke up at all, but the puppy seemed genuinely agitated at the resonant intrusion into her Land of Nod. So, up she pops and promptly finds the offender on the ground. It's a strange brown bug, about the size of a peanut. She stalked it for a second, sniffing and huffing, curious every time it moved. Well, she darn near messed her doggy drawers when the bug took off in flight, but bravely recouped and attempted to catch it mid-air. This must have caused a mess in the little buggy drawers, because the critter proceeded to fly right into the ceiling fan and get knocked back down into Sophie territory. I'm now sitting here watching the two of them duel unto the death, presumably the insect's. Sophie picks it up and then freaks out at the movement and drops it. She swats it with her paw and apparently gets tickled and lets it go. Now she's figured out that she can literally toss the thing with her mouth which wouldn't bother me if I wasn't afraid it would land on me. Anyway, here's to unexpected entertainment.

2 comments:

Tawny said...

Oh, this made me miss you and her so badly. I could cry. I'll see you back here next week, ok? Oh by the way, don't open my door. It's a war zone!!

Unknown said...

I have been amused. Really cute story!