Sunday, April 5, 2009

Inane Injustice

Good people, I pay taxes.  Roughly 20-30% of my income goes to Uncle Sam and at least one of his 50 retarded children.  Those taxes, presumably, go towards the upkeep of the roads upon which I drive and for which I am grateful.  I also, occasionally park upon those roads that are "publicly" owned.  I consider myself to be part of "the public."  Now, follow this with me.  Today I parked in a spot, upon the surface of a road that I, as a part of the collective whole, own.  I put money into a meter at $.25 per 12 minutes for the right to park in the spot that I own.  While spending money at the shops that surround the spot, I inadvertently allowed the meter to expire resulting in a parking ticket.  The meter maid is a public employee - to be clear, my taxes pay the meter maid who ticketed me.  I have now been charged by an individual I pay for overstaying my welcome on a small plot of land that I own, and had already paid to use.  Is it no wonder that I am mildly infuriated?

2 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

I should write a post on my blog about the time my dad pulled a cop over and made him write himself a ticket.

Same principle. I see your logic!

Tawny said...

I have a new blog address!

www.almostthirtyflirtyandthriving.blogspot.com/